Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the Member Services department. To preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't self-promote, post commercial messages, or position vacancies on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site, so be careful with posting materials you do not want publicly distributed.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY MESSAGE FOR ANY REASON.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of BoardSource. BoardSource is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The information contained on this platform is provided for general informational purposes only. None of this information is intended or should be construed to be legal advice or a legal opinion.
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE, WHETHER POSTED BY BOARDSOURCE OR ANY THIRD PARTY; THIS DISCLAIMER INCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL BOARDSOURCE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ACT OR OMISSION COMMITTED BASED UPON RELIANCE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ON ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR CONTENTS POSTED ON THE SITE.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants BoardSource and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. The posting party agrees to assume liability for the content of any information or material they have caused to be posted on the BoardSource Exchange platform, and any claim arising from such posting, including, but not limited to, claims for libel, invasion of privacy, commercial appropriation of one’s name or likeness, copyright infringement, trademark, trade name or patent infringement, commercial defamation, false advertising, or any other claim whether based in tort or contract, or on account of any state or federal statute, including state and federal deceptive trade practices acts. In addition, the posting party agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold BoardSource harmless for all claims (whether valid or invalid), lawsuits, judgments, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, and expenses of any nature (including the assessment of reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from or caused by the posting.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
BoardSource does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of BoardSource, we will take all appropriate action.
BoardSource reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below. Please note that any personal information you provided as part of your BoardSource account creation will be automatically included as part of your Exchange profile, and may be displayed to other BoardSource members. To adjust these settings, please go to your Exchange Profile by clicking the drop-down arrow at the top right of the page, the click on "My Account" and "Privacy Settings." On this page, you can adjust what information will be visible to other members.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through this Site?
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, e.g., companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Research and Development Purposes
We may also from time to time share the personal information of our members with third parties for research and development purposes.
We will not sell, rent, or lend such personal information to any third parties, other than as specifically disclosed in this policy.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us; we therefore disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information, please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Notification of Changes